original

Sunday, April 17, 2011

DressUp Marci DigiStamp Tag


Here is a tag I created for a swap with my sister "DaileyScrapper" and my youtube buddy "ileyssilver." This is my favorite swap, just because it's so easy... no deadlines, no pressure, very laid back, and always super fun!

Our theme for this month was "Easter" and so I was going for a very "springy" look. I found this digital image at La-LaLand Crafts. It's from the Marci Collection, and it's called Dress Up Marci. I think "dressing up" and Easter kind of go together, right? This image reminds me of my own curly haired cutie, when I was still in charge of doing the "dressing up!" Lol!

So what I love about La-LaLand Crafts, is that when you buy a digi stamp they send you two images. One is just the plain ole' "stamp," and the other is colored in for you! This is perfect for me, since I'm new at coloring images, and have not quite mastered it yet.

I did however, use some Lindy Stamp Gang products to enhance the image. I used the Magical Micas, and a paintbrush to add an extra hint of color and a big dose of sparkle! The photographs don't do the product justice, at all! Those of you who use Lindy's probably know this and can agree. And if you haven't used Lindy's yet, it's definitely worth a try!

I used the following colors on the Digi-stamp:
1. Hat: edelweiss moss
2. Flower: alpine ice rose
3. Hat Band: mountain lavender
4. Dress&Shoes: mountain lavender & alpine ice rose

Rose embellishment:
Center of flower: Cotton Candy Pink Starburst Stain
Tips of petals: edelweiss moss Magical Mica

Paper (K&Company Classic K Charlotte Collection)
Sprayed with Glory of the Seas Gold Starburst Spray
Distressed edges with Ranger's Peeled Paint

Loved working with "Marci," I think she's super cute. And I'm super happy with the end product... hope you like it too!

Happy Scrapping!
Yvonne

http://www.lindystampgang.com/

http://www.lalalandcrafts.com/


2 comments:

  1. Yvonne, I am speech less. This is gorgeous! I love, love, love it!!! I can't wait to see it in person. You are amazing sis! And Megan's picture brings back so many sweet memories when we use to dress the girls up. LOL
    Love ya!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete