original

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Taj Mahal Magnolia...

Hey Blog Buddies!
Tonight I created a card for one of my very best friends.  
I had a rough week at work, and she always makes me feel better.  
She is the very personification of sunshine
And this lovely little Magnolia stamp reminds me of her.  
My bud has been ALL over the world, including her native India.  
She has visited the Taj Mahal, and since I am not a world traveler, 
I live vicariously through her!  
So I combined, the stamp, the Lindy's Stamp Gang die cut, 
and the Taj Mahal paper collection from DCWV and made this for her...


Here's me and my best bud...

And here are some interesting "Taj Mahal" facts:
In 1631, Shah Jahan, emperor during the Mughal empire's period of greatest prosperity, 
was grief-stricken when his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal, 
died during the birth of their 14th child.
 Construction of the Taj Mahal began in 1632.  
The chronicles of Shah Jahan's grief illustrate 
the love story traditionally held as an inspiration for the
Taj Mahal.  The principal mausoleum was completed 
in 1648 and the surrounding buildings and 
garden were finished five years later.
WOW!
Well thanks for coming to visit, I hope you'll be back soon!
Oh, and don't forget to sign up for my first GIVE-AWAY!
Hugs,
Yvonne

5 comments:

  1. That is a very beautiful card Yvonne! I love all the dimension and the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Yvonne !!Love the colors..beautiful card for a beautiful friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. That's her alright. LOL And the sun shine sentiment is perfect b/c that's what she is too. Great job sis! She is going to love it :-)
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is dooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card! It is always nice to have a friend that will help you our of a rough week! I have one of those too and it just makes like so much easier! :) Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete